5. Who we share your personal data with
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties or in the following circumstances:
- To our service providers and suppliers: So that we can make certain services and products available to you we may need to share your personal data with some of our service providers and suppliers, such as couriers and card processing providers, as well as IT providers, site analytics providers and marketing service companies to, for example:
- process your card payments;
- deliver products to you;
- host our website;
- store our customer database;
- operate certain of the features of our website;
- send marketing communications and conduct customer research on our behalf;
- manage and analyse our network status and the responsiveness of our services.
- To other third parties: we may also share your personal data with the following third parties or in the following circumstances:
- On a business purchase, sale, transfer or merger: we may disclose your personal data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them, in which case we may disclose your personal data to such other businesses. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may only use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- To our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors insurers and accountants who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- To HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- To comply with or enforce applicable laws or regulations: We may disclose personal data about you to third parties to comply with or enforce applicable laws and regulations. For example where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
Safeguarding your personal data when we share it with other people: We require our suppliers, service providers and other third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our suppliers and service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes or pass your personal data to anyone else without our written consent. We only permit our suppliers and service providers to use your personal data to provide services to us and you, and for no other purpose, and in accordance with our written instructions.
6. Transfers of your personal data outside the UK
We are based within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, in certain circumstances information we collect about you will be sent to and held by us in countries outside the EEA where we work with suppliers and service providers that are based outside the EEA or have servers based outside the EEA. Countries outside the EEA protect information differently, and so where we do transfer your information to suppliers based outside the EEA, we will take all steps necessary to ensure that it is adequately protected and used in accordance with this privacy notice, including but not limited to relying on any appropriate cross-border transfer solutions such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/internationatransfers/transfer/index_en.htm) or the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome).