4. When we will use your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to: We need to have a “lawful basis” to use your personal data. The types of “lawful basis” that we will rely on to process your personal data are as follows:
- To perform a contract: Where it is necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you to provide you with products or services that you request from us, for example, to make a garment for you or to alter or repair a garment we have made for you.
- To comply with a legal obligation: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, for example, a court order in a legal action.
- Where we have your consent: We will require your prior consent, for example, to use your personal data to send you electronic direct marketing (such as emails or texts).
- It is in our legitimate interests: We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we use your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
By “Legitimate Interests” we mean our interests in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best products and services and the best and most secure experience, for example to:
- personalise your customer experience, such as tailoring the communications that we send you with your preferred products and services;
- improve our customer service, such as recording and/or monitoring calls for the purpose of improving our customer service, ensure quality assurance, training and security;
- optimise our website to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- prevent fraud, for example, such as using your information to protect you against fraud and to ensure that our systems are safe and secure;
- conduct research, such as using your information to carry out aggregated and anonymised research using site analytics, or if you choose to take part in a customer survey, to study how customers use our products and services to help us develop and improve our products and services and inform our marketing strategy; and
- to send you marketing communications, for example, to keep you up-to-date with the latest news, events, brochures, products and services we think may be of interest and relevant to you. We may need your consent to send you marketing communications in certain circumstances, please see the “Direct Marketing – your choices” section below for more information)
We may also combine information we receive about you with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will only use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may use automated processing to analyse combined information about you, which is software and other technology that analyses data and automatically makes decisions based on that analysis, for example, to decide which products and offers would be relevant for us to contact you about.
You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against the potential impact on you by contacting us using the details above in the “Who we are and how to contact us” section.
We may have more than one lawful basis to use your personal data depending on the specific purpose for which we are going to use that personal data. Please contact us using the details above in the “Who we are and how to contact us” section if you need details about the specific ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it: We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is related to the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will let you know and will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Direct Marketing – your choices:
How to Opt-in: You will only receive electronic marketing communications from us (such as emails and texts) if you have:
• requested information from us, for example, by signing-up to our newsletter; or
• specifically opted-in to receive details about our products, services, events, activities, promotions and special offers which we feel may be of interest to you when we have given you the choice to do so, for example, when you place an order for our products or services.
If you wish to be contacted for these purposes please make sure that you tick the appropriate box or boxes when you are given the option to do so, otherwise we will assume that you do not want to be contacted.
We will not pass your information onto third parties for marketing purposes.
How to Opt-out: Your participation in our marketing activities is voluntary. If you ever want to change your preferences regarding our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or opt-out altogether from receiving further marketing information, you can:
• use the opt-out or unsubscribe links in any marketing message we send you; or
• contact us at any time by email or phone using the contact details above in the “Who we are and how to contact us” section.
Where you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to use your personal data for the other purposes we have explained above in the How we use your personal data section of this policy.