6. Transfers of your personal data outside the UK
We are based within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, in certain circumstances information we collect about you will be sent to and held by us in countries outside the EEA where we work with suppliers and service providers that are based outside the EEA or have servers based outside the EEA. Countries outside the EEA protect information differently, and so where we do transfer your information to suppliers based outside the EEA, we will take all steps necessary to ensure that it is adequately protected and used in accordance with this privacy notice, including but not limited to relying on any appropriate cross-border transfer solutions such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/internationatransfers/transfer/index_en.htm) or the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome).
7. How we keep your personal data secure
Our security measures:
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, however, please be assured that we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. For example we:
• ensure the physical security of our office;
• ensure the physical and digital security of our equipment, devices and systems by way of password protection, encryption and access restrictions;
• limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.